Thursday, November 21, 2013

Like a Rolling Stone - The video Clip

Yesterday a friend told me that Bob Dylan now has a new video clip for his song “Like a Rolling Stone”.

Apparently this song never had a video clip of its own, and now it has. She also told me that the video clip is unique because you can watch the clip in multiple channels.

bob dylan like a rolling stone


I have to admit I had no idea what she was talking about, let alone why it was so great. Deep down inside I knew I once heard about this Israeli project that created a platform where you can watch video clips with various options like different endings or characters.

Later on that day I watched the news and they also started talking about this project. They aired a few glimpses of the clip and it looked amazing.

I watched the video myself, zipped through the channels and was amazed
.
Now. Stop reading and watch this!!!
Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone

So the story is quite simple. Two Israeli guys thought it’s a shame a classic and huge song like “Like a Rolling Stone” doesn't have a video clip. One of them was Yoni Bloch, an Israeli Musician\song writer that now lives in New York and Vania Heymann, an Israeli Director.

They decided to work on that song solely because it never had a proper video clip. Yoni Bloch has been working on his project “Interlude” in the past few years, which is made to create those kind of videos. Multiple options videos.

I have to admit that when a first heard about this project I was pretty skeptic. The idea was nice but how many videos like this can you watch?

Well, after watching Bob Dylan’s clip I say you can watch tons of videos like that because it’s so fun!

The greatness of this particular video is the accurate way it was made. Vania Heymann filmed 19 (!!!) different scenes, a news broadcast, a cooking show, an hip hop video clip, parts from known TV shows and many more including peices of Dylan's preformanc with "Like a Rolling Stone", all perfectly synced with the song’s lyrics. When you zip through the channels the zipping is very smooth, works perfectly well and there’s even a TV banner included just to make it feel more like your own TV.


This video clip in extremely innovative and it’s such a pleasure to see it come to life with a great song like “like a Rolling Stone”.



No comments:

Post a Comment