Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 OST

2013 is just about to be over, and thinking about my year I can’t just ignore the artists and bands who made it for me.
This is no musical chart or yearly countdown, it’s just my yearly musical map, might even say – my 2013 soundtrack.

Miley Cyrus
It’s been a very busy year for Miley Cyrus, no doubt. She’s been through a lot, and done a lot, and wasn’t wearing a lot at all. I’m not sure whether I like her way or not, to be honest, but I sure respect her success. This year “Wrecking Ball” went completely ballistic. It may be due to her not wearing anything, or because she’s licking a hammer there, but after I listened to this song, reluctantly, for about fifty times I learned to really like it. It’s a great pop song, after all! And you just have to like her. Even if she doesn’t like her clothes…
miley cyrus 2013

Lorde
She’s young, beautiful, talented and she amazes me. Might be the best break- through of 2013, and I’m so grateful for the people who discovered her for me. We need more like her! She sounds right, her songs are fresh and interesting, and she brings something so new and so special. It was defiantly a love form a first listen.

lorde 2013

Justin Timberlake
2013 started out not so well for Justin. At least this is how I see it. When “suit & tie” – the first single from “the 20/20 experience” came out I was really disappointed. Not just me, by the way, a lot of critics and reviews were a bit on the fence when it came to the choice of this single as a first one. Anyway, everything turned around when “Mirrors” came out and brought the old Justin that we love so much back to us. Or back to me J
justin timberlake 2013


Lana Del Rey
Oh. Lana. I’m having a long term relationship with that beauty. I fell in love with Lana back in 2012 with “Summertime Sadness” and those butterflies keeps on dancing in my stomach for over a year now! Lately, Del Rey released her new single “Young and Beautiful “which knocked me down completely and utterly! This has been a great year, for Lana, and for me, with Lana.

Lana del Rey 2013

Daft Punk
Back in 1997 I discovered Daft punk with “Around the World”. The beat was great and the video clip was even greater. At the beginning of 2013 I heard about the upcoming album of Daft Punk and I started to get excited. And it was so worth it! “Get Lucky” literally blew me away, and it still does every time I listen to it.
daft punk 2013


Passenger
I never heard of passenger until this year. I really don’t know why. I first got to know “Let Her Go” by Facebook/Twitter shares my friends used, and since then it’s one of my most played songs on my playlist, especially in these winter days. I missed having those soft rock ballads around and now I have my own winter ballad to cuddle with.

passenger 2013

Ed Sheeran
The “A Team” was one of those songs, that when you listen to for the first time you think you've heard it before… sounds so pleasantly familiar.. I loved it from the beginning. Then came along “Lego House” and many more, and it seems I can’t get enough from the lovely Ed Sheeran.

Ed Sheeran 2013



The Lumineers
Hey Ho! Happy, light, fun and heart-warming. Just the right formula for a winning and long lasting hit. One of the best songs of 2013 by far (even if it originally came out in 2012, but still) kept listening to it all throughout this year and love every single time!
the lumineers 2013


So, that’s it. It’s time to say goodbye to the great 2013. It was a fabulous year for me. It really was. It was one of the most challenging, most inspiring and rewarding year of my life so far, and this music made it even better. All I have to wish for is for 2014 to be exactly like this, only better.


Marry Christmas and a very happy new year for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment