Monday, December 2, 2013

2013- My Year in Music

2013 is almost over now and I sat down and went through what’s been going on in the music industry.

So these are the songs that made my year:

10. Katy Perry – Roar
“Roar” came out on August as Katy Perry new debut single from her album “Prism”. In this case, I heard a lot about the song before I even got the chance to listen to it due to massive buzz over it. I love the song, it was catchy and bouncy and it was a perfect fit for Katy Perry.



9. Will I Am – Scream and Shout 
Will I Am could not loose with this song. He knew exactly what to do and how to it, to create the perfect hit for 2013. The song came out, and was played twice an hour on every radio station in the world. The simplicity was the brilliancy of it all and almost a year after I can’t stop humming this song every once in a while.


8. Justin Timberlake – Mirrors
 I was really disappointed with the first single from Justin’s album “The 20\20 Experience”, “Suit & Tie”. When “Mirrors” came out, I forgot all about it, and fall back in love with the good old Justin which sings in a very distinctive style, exactly the way I like it.





7. Miley Cyrus –Wrecking Ball
You can say what you want about Miley’s clothes, hair and choices, but you can’t take away the fact that Wrecking Ball is an amazing song. I admit I was a bit stunned with shock when I first watched the video clip, but after I got adjusted I noticed that behind all those walls Miley’s trying to wreck, hides a really good song after all.

6. Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines
Talking about being stunned over a video clip…. The funny story is I loved this song and only later I watched to clip and saw what it was all about. So first of all, the clip is great, and sassy, and whatever, but this is a very cool song, with a cool beat and some cool girls too…


5. Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble
There’s something really great about Taylor Swift, she’s beautiful, she sings and writes, and she dates. A lot. But this year she also had a great hit to be proud of, and nothing could fit her more than this song.



4. Avicii – Wake Me Up
“Wake me up” made Avicii what he is today, and he’s huge!! The 19 year old boy went enormous with that great classic, and made our summer crazy and fun.


3. Passenger – Let Her Go
One of the best song of this year is “let her go”. A modern classic that touched hundreds of hearts across the world and is definitely here to stay.



2. Deft Punk – Get Lucky
It took a while for them to come back again but they've made it and in the best way there is. Daft Punk were the thing to talk about this year, with Numerous awards and shows this was definitely their year.


1. Lorde – Rolyals
The best song of the year, to me, comes from the best artist of the year, to me. Lorde is so young and so talented it’s a bit scary to think where she would be in two years’ time if this is the way she sounds today. And damn, she sounds good. “Royals” made my year by far!



So, that’s that for 2013. We had some pretty good stuff coming our way this year. I wish that next year would be as good as this one and may we listen to some great music forever.

Happy holidays and a happy new year to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment