Sunday, January 26, 2014

MMB

As an Israeli teenager I was, like everybody else, very much involved with everything about the Israeli singing contest “Kohav Nolad” (A star is born) which is very similar to what we all know as American Idol, The Voice etc.

In Season 5 there was a new contestant - A young girl, About 20 years old, not so pretty or thin... but she was different. She sang known Israeli rock and pop classics but took it to a new level of Jazz and folk versions.

I did not like her. She was too different. Too extravagant. Too much for me, Though there was something about her I could not argue with – her extremely unique and rare voice. But I just didn't like what she did with it.

Although she did not win the contest, the production really adored her and a major Israeli record company signed her. She began working on original songs in Hebrew.

I’m talking about Marina Maximillian Blumin. An extremely talented young woman. As a child of a classic pianist, she learned to play the piano at a very young age, preformed as a theater actress as a teen and wrote the music for an Israeli musical production by the age of 22.

marina maximillian blumin


Marina Maximillian Blumin a.k.a MMB, is well known for her dramatic romantic affairs, including a divorce at the age of 25, and numerous famous boyfriends.

Lately, she lost a lot of weight and released a brand new album entirely in English.

Now, I take everything back. Today, after 6 years of work, and due to this great new album called “Step into My World”, I can’t say I don’t like her. I have to admit I’m enchanted.

This new and improved MMB is a stunning beauty, with a divine voice and a brand new and marvelous album.

marina maximillian blumin

Her deep, unique and rare voice, combined with a very strict and accurate musical processing by Ofer Hameiri makes this album a true success.

I don’t have anything against Israeli musical production but I do have to admit we’re talking about production made in small scales. I really hope someone out there will notice this local beauty and will make her international.

With this kind of talent, stage presence and charisma, there’s only one way Marina Maximillian Blumin can go – and it’s up!



So dear MMB, you’re defiantly my most appreciated Israeli artist at the moment. And to all of you, outside Israel, take a few moments to stare at this girl while listening to that absolutely wonderful voice.

Images Sources: vk.com, YouTube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment