Sunday, October 20, 2013

I Found Something New!

Something really nice happened to me this week. I saw an article somewhere about a new artist called Lorde that I knew nothing about. A few days later, YouTube suggested me some new and popular videos. One of them was Lorde’s song – Royals. Knowing that someone had already written about that girl, I was curios. I started playing the video and really liked everything about that girl that I knew nothing about. Then, I found out I’m watching a 17 year old girl!
Lorde royals
How can a 17 year old be as talented as this?!!? She looks amazing! She sounds amazing! And! She’s writing her own music! Today, in the “Miley Cyrus” era, this is incredibly unusual. I kept listening to a few of her other tracks and kept on being excited about my new discovery. I do have to admit Royals is by far her best single yet, but with that amount of talent she’s going to be huge!
lorde on Qtrax
It also appeared that Lorde is around for quite a while without me even noticing which is really weird for me, but then again, better late than never. One thing I learned from this encounter with a new favorite artist – try to take YouTube suggestions a little more seriously next time even if it has a weird agenda of showing me thousands of cats jumping in and out of boxes. (not that I have anything against cats)



Anyway, now that I know of her, I’ll keep track of her and I’m so sure this girl is going to hand us with some pretty good things to listen to in the future. So if, like me, you’re reading this without any clue who that girl is, do yourself a favor. Listen to Lorde. A true story of a new found glory for young beautiful teenage singers that keep their clothes on and music alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment