Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Justin Experience


We’ve heard quit a lot about Justin Timberlake’s new album “the 20\20 experience” over the last few months.

 At first, every blog and music site talked about how incredible this album is, how talented Justin Timberlake is, what a masterpiece etc. Then the first single came out – “suit and tie” and everything became totally different. People started commenting and talking about how bad this song is, how incredibly wrong that went. If you ask me, I totally agree that Justin Timberlake might have chosen the wrong single to come out with.
 Later on, another single named “mirrors” came out, which was much better. The critics called it “the best song of the 2013” and got a bit carried away with the compliments, but the song is good, even if it reminds “cry me a river” a bit.

the justin timberlake experience


 Why am I telling you all this?

 Because I really like Justin Timberlake. I do. I’ve liked him ever since he was that cute boy from N’ Sync, I’ve liked him through that awful Britney Spears breakup, I too, thought he was too good for her… and I still do.  I thought Justin Timberlake’s first solo album “Justified” was a true classic right from the beginning, and “cry me a river” and “what comes around... Goes around” are still some of my favorite songs.
When I heard Justin Timberlake is coming back with a new album I was really excited, and really happy to know the music industry already likes it… but the truth was, I too got disappointed. Justin Timberlake’s “Suit and tie” is one of the worst songs I’ve heard this year! To be honest, it took me quite a while to like “mirrors” too… Justin Timberlake has a very distinct style. That interesting, ground breaking style was what made him such a big hit in 2004. That exact style is what made “the 20/20 experience” less good. You get to know artists throw-out entire decades, and they evolve, they get older, you get to grow older and to evolve with them.
 I think the evolution of Justin Timberlake has yet to happen. That’s why it’s hard for the fans to accept the latest album. I know that I’ll be there the next time Justin Timberlake releases an album, because I believe that he will evolve… and I still wish we can grow old together... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment