Monday, September 9, 2013

High School Soundtracks


So, September just started and that means pretty much the same thing in almost every place around the world – school’s back!

Fortunately for me, I’m going back to school myself this year, and a second before everything starts again I’m taking a moment and reminiscing on my all-time favorite soundtracks of school movies.

So… my first and ultimate all-time favorite school movie is… The Breakfast Club!!

I think I've watched it for like 26 times by now… I still don’t know what I like more about this movie… the rebellious spirit, dancing in the library or just looking at Molly Ringwald…
Anyway, this awesome motion picture includes this wicked song by Simple minds – Don’t you (forget about me).

breakfast club school soundtrack

Second runner up, is of course… Ferris Bueller’s Day off! The movie about the naughty high school boy who decided to take the day off… and also the car… with a few friends. Again, an 80’s masterpiece equipped with one huge hit by The Smiths – “Please, please, please let me get what I want”.
This great song also became a part of the movie “pretty in pink”, another high school all –time classic, with my beloved Molly Ringwald.

ferris buellers day off high school soundtrack


And while talking about high school experiences we just can’t forget about American Pie! Maybe the biggest classical of the 90’s! With huge actors like Jason Biggs and Natasha Lion and big punk hits like the beautiful song by Hole “Celebrity Skin”

american pie high school soundtrack


Happy going back to school, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment